Early spring rains and rising temperatures mean an inevitable influx of mosquitoes to Arlington so residents are urged to takes steps now to fight disease-carrying insects from May through summer.
First of its kind in the region, the summit will offer one-stop shopping for anyone interested in opening a small business in Arlington.
County Auditor Jessica A. Tucker is calling on residents with specific concerns to use the newly created online Audit Suggestion Form for potential reviews of County programs and services or to suggest improvements in County efficiency, transparency and accountability.
Seeing the NHL's best up-close is one of the free benefits of living or working around Arlington, especially as the Washington Capitals practice on their playoff run at their Kettler Capitals Iceplex home in Ballston.
Arlington is launching the first Energy Lending Library in the country, featuring thermal imaging cameras, energy meters and books that will help residents identify areas of energy waste in their homes and provide real solutions.
Arlingtonians now have a Resident Ombudsman to help navigate County government and will see the benefits of an expanded Public Engagement effort.
From the many letters the Arlington County Board receives each month, these two particularly stood out.
The Arlington County Board has adopted a $1.2 billion General Fund Budget for Fiscal Year 2017 that includes a half-cent cut in the real estate tax rate.
Public Safety News
- Crime Solvers Tip Leads to Arrest of Malicious Wounding Suspect
- Police Arrest Malicious Wounding Suspect
- Arrest Made in Death of 2-year-old Child
- Police Arrest Shooting Suspects
- Suspect Attempts to Entice Three Children into his Vehicle
Noticias en Español
- Arlington aprueba el desarrollo de Village Center en Columbia Pike
- Septiembre es el Mes de Preparación para Emergencias
- Todavía hay tiempo para inscribirse en Neighborhood College
- Mejor servicio y autobuses nuevos para Arlington Transit
- Greenbrier Learning Center regresa a Arlington Mill