The Arlington County Board today voted against designating any portion of the Wilson School a Local Historic District.
The Arlington County Board today approved a contract for $670,638 to replace Washington-Lee High School’s synthetic turf field, which is used for school and community football, soccer, lacrosse, field hockey and other sports.
The Board today approved a $5.792 million Affordable Housing Investment Fund (AHIF) loan to developer McCormack Baron Salazar (MBS) to assist with the purchase and renovation of 103 affordable units at Clarendon Court Apartments. MBS plans to preserve all of the existing affordable units, deepen the affordability of some units and fully renovate the property by leveraging additional resources with the loan.
The Arlington County Board today voted to lower the late payment penalty for real estate taxes from 10 percent to 5 percent for the first 30 days after the due date. The penalty for delinquent real estate taxes not paid within 30 days following the due date will remain unchanged at 10 percent. More than 1,000 taxpayers could benefit annually.
In its final work session on the FY 2016 Budget, the County Board said it will not raise tax rates.
Public Safety News
- Police Investigate Suspicious Death in Aurora Highlands Neighborhood
- Arlington County Board: No Tax Rate Increase in CY 2015
- TRAFFIC ALERT: 2015 Arlington Festival of the Arts
- TRAFFIC ALERT: 2015 Marymount University 5K Race
- Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested at Residence
Noticias en Español
- La Junta del Condado de Arlington invita a la comunidad a una conversación sobre las necesidades de viviendas y asequibilidad
- La Administradora del Condado de Arlington Donnellan se retira en junio de 2015
- Presupuesto propuesto para el año fiscal 2016: equilibrado, sin aumento de la tasa impositiva
- El vicepresidente de la Junta del Condado de Arlington, J. Walter Tejada, no solicitará la nominación democrática
- Condado de Arlington, APS lanza un esfuerzo de planificación de instalaciones