The County Board today voted to approve redevelopment of 400 Army Navy Dr., replacing a 1967 office building with a 20-story residential building with two towers and 453 units.
The Arlington County Board today adopted Revenue Sharing Principles for Public Education designed to meet the needs of Arlington Public Schools (APS) as school enrollment continues to climb.
The County Board approved two infrastructure improvement contracts: one to continue making major safety improvements along Old Dominion Drive, and a second to renovate outdoor facilities at the Gunston Community Center.
Local entrepreneur Alami Abderrahim plans to open Root Cafe this fall, offering a globally inspired menu of fresh, healthy foods using locally sourced ingredients, gourmet coffee and other beverages.
The County Board and the School Board adopted a charge and appointed 20 committee members for the Community Facilities Study, a long-range, collaborative planning effort that will build a consensus framework regarding our community’s future funding and facility needs.
Public Safety News
- Chief of Police M. Douglas Scott to Retire in March 2015
- Fatal Fire in South Arlington
- Working Smoke Alarms and Fire Escape Plan Saved Lives of an Arlington Couple
- Former Hospital Employee Sentenced to 30 Years in Prison for the Rape of a Patient
- Arlington County Sheriff Announces Custody Policy Change
Noticias en Español
- Condado de Arlington, APS lanza un esfuerzo de planificación de instalaciones
- El Grupo de Trabajo Thomas Jefferson Grupo concluye la Evaluación del Sitio y da a Conocer sus Recomendaciones
- Los residentes de Arlington ahora pueden pagar su membresía anual a Capital Bikeshare en efectivo
- Aviso a los Medios: Comience el 2015 con la Junta del Condado de Arlington
- Mary Hughes Hynes Presidenta de la Junta del Condado de Arlington en el 2015