2,000 additional tons of salt are coming to help in clear roads of snow and sleet. The first shipment will arrive today. The County previously received a mid-season resupply, but it was not enough due to the severity of this winter and stock supplies from the regional contractor nearing depletion.
Arlington County Fire Department transported a person with fever and a history of recent travel from an Ebola-affected area to the Virginia Hospital Center (VHC) for evaluation.
The Arlington County Board today accepted the updated Cherrydale Neighborhood Conservation Plan.
The Arlington County Board today approved two redevelopment projects along Columbia Pike that combined will include a net total of 235 new affordable units, in keeping with the goal of preserving the current level of 6,200 affordable units along the Pike.
The Arlington County Board today voted 5-0 to advertise a property tax rate of $1.011 per $100 of assessed value for Calendar Year (CY) 2015, including the $.013 stormwater sanitary district tax. This is 1.5 cents above the CY 2014 real estate tax rate. By law, the Board cannot adopt a rate higher than the one advertised, although it may adopt a lower rate.
Public Safety News
- Arlington County Prepares for Photo Red-Light Enforcement Program Expansion
- ALERT: Officers to Conduct a Sobriety Checkpoint
- Arlington County Crime Solvers Pays Reward for Bank Robbery Tip
- Armed Robbery & Carjacking: Suspect Apprehended in Early Morning Hours
- McDonald’s Armed Robbery Captured on Surveillance Video
Noticias en Español
- Presupuesto propuesto para el año fiscal 2016: equilibrado, sin aumento de la tasa impositiva
- El vicepresidente de la Junta del Condado de Arlington, J. Walter Tejada, no solicitará la nominación democrática
- Condado de Arlington, APS lanza un esfuerzo de planificación de instalaciones
- El Grupo de Trabajo Thomas Jefferson Grupo concluye la Evaluación del Sitio y da a Conocer sus Recomendaciones
- Los residentes de Arlington ahora pueden pagar su membresía anual a Capital Bikeshare en efectivo