The American Planning Association has recognized Arlington’s commitment to community-based planning and smart growth with the Gold 2017 National Planning Achievement Award for Implementation of our General Land Use Plan and smart growth journey.
The Arlington Sports Foundation will share the costs with the County of converting a diamond field at Gunston Park to synthetic turf.
Parks improvements were approved by the County Board at its April 22 meeting.
Chooses cost-effective design/build approach to construction of aquatics facility and 10.5-acres of parkland.
Gov. Terry McAuliffe will visit Arlington on Wednesday, April 26 to sign women's health legislation covering the 12-month supply of hormonal contraceptives at one time as part of any health benefit plan.
The Arlington County Board on Tuesday, April 25 will honor two winners of the Bill Thomas Outstanding Park Service Volunteer Award.
The Board made cuts and reallocations to the Manager's proposed budget, and set a 1.5-cent property tax rate increase to fund Metro and Schools.
The new farmers market will operate on Wednesdays in the public plaza of Rosslyn's Central Place development.
Public Safety News
- UPDATED: Police Seek Public’s Assistance Locating Missing Juvenile
- PUBLIC ADVISORY: Planned Police Training Exercise
- Police Investigate Fatal Single-Vehicle Crash
- Man Dies in Arlington County Detention Facility
- TRAFFIC ALERT: 2017 Fairlington 5K Race
Noticias en Español
- Arlington aprueba el desarrollo de Village Center en Columbia Pike
- Septiembre es el Mes de Preparación para Emergencias
- Todavía hay tiempo para inscribirse en Neighborhood College
- Mejor servicio y autobuses nuevos para Arlington Transit
- Greenbrier Learning Center regresa a Arlington Mill