Arlington Economic Development is looking for the fastest-growing tech companies across the County for the second annual “Fast Four” competition.
Arlington has been named by the Human Rights Campaign one of 37 American “All-Star Cities” acclaimed for their high standard of inclusiveness toward their Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer communities.
The Arlington County Board has voted to further reduce costs for the Columbia Pike Transit Stations project by choosing a design concept that includes the option of the stations being partially assembled in a factory, rather than built in place, reaffirming a “kit-of-parts” concept, which offers high-quality design and materials for the 23 planned stations.
Total absentee voters in Arlington for Election 2106 will likely reach the 43,000 level, double the figure for the last presidential election four years ago and shattering the recent record for absentee voting set in 2008.
Arlingtonians may comment on-line.
The Arlington County Board received an update on Oct. 18 from state transportation officials regarding the potential traffic, environmental and fiscal effects to Arlington resulting from the I-395 Express Lanes Northern Extension, which could see construction begin next year.
Arlington County Commuter Services has been named by the Association for Commuter Transportation as having the best transportation demand management program among all large municipalities in the United States.
The Arlington County Board has approved Comprehensive Plan and Zoning Ordinance amendments that will help achieve the transformative vision outlined in the Rosslyn Sector Plan.
Public Safety News
- Arlington Police Search for 12 year old
- Arlington County Seeks Public’s Views on Proposed FY 2016 Budget Close-Out, FY 2018 Budget Guidance
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Marine Corps Marathon Road Closures on Sunday, October 30, 2016
- Police to Participate in National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day on October 22, 2016
- TRAFFIC ALERT: 2016 Animal Welfare League of Arlington Pints 4 Paws
Noticias en Español
- Arlington aprueba el desarrollo de Village Center en Columbia Pike
- Septiembre es el Mes de Preparación para Emergencias
- Todavía hay tiempo para inscribirse en Neighborhood College
- Mejor servicio y autobuses nuevos para Arlington Transit
- Greenbrier Learning Center regresa a Arlington Mill