Total absentee voters in Arlington for Election 2106 will likely reach the 43,000 level, double the figure for the last presidential election four years ago and shattering the recent record for absentee voting set in 2008.
Arlingtonians may comment on-line.
The Arlington County Board received an update on Oct. 18 from state transportation officials regarding the potential traffic, environmental and fiscal effects to Arlington resulting from the I-395 Express Lanes Northern Extension, which could see construction begin next year.
Arlington County Commuter Services has been named by the Association for Commuter Transportation as having the best transportation demand management program among all large municipalities in the United States.
The Arlington County Board has approved Comprehensive Plan and Zoning Ordinance amendments that will help achieve the transformative vision outlined in the Rosslyn Sector Plan.
The Arlington County Board adopted today proposed amendments to the Master Transportation Plan Street Element, incorporating two innovative changes: a new pedestrian priority street type -- a car-free street that provides pedestrians access to adjacent buildings -- and “shared streets” -- for pedestrians, bicyclists and low speed vehicular traffic.
The County Board gave the greenlight Saturday to develop zoning regulations for short-term residential rentals, also called “accessory homestays," and calls for public input from interested stakeholders over the coming weeks culminating in a public hearing and vote on the subject at its Dec. 10, 2016 Regular Meeting.
The Arlington County Board approved on Saturday, Oct. 15 changes to the Zoning Ordinance that allow more flexibility for properties subject to older comprehensive sign plan regulations.
Public Safety News
- Arlington Police Search for 12 year old
- Arlington County Seeks Public’s Views on Proposed FY 2016 Budget Close-Out, FY 2018 Budget Guidance
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Marine Corps Marathon Road Closures on Sunday, October 30, 2016
- Police to Participate in National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day on October 22, 2016
- TRAFFIC ALERT: 2016 Animal Welfare League of Arlington Pints 4 Paws
Noticias en Español
- Arlington aprueba el desarrollo de Village Center en Columbia Pike
- Septiembre es el Mes de Preparación para Emergencias
- Todavía hay tiempo para inscribirse en Neighborhood College
- Mejor servicio y autobuses nuevos para Arlington Transit
- Greenbrier Learning Center regresa a Arlington Mill