The County Board will consider the Manager's Proposed Fiscal Year 2018 Budget and dozens of other items at its February Board Meeting.
On Feb. 11, Joint Facilities Advisory Commission members, interested residents, a member of the County Board and two members of the School Board took a morning bus tour of sites that illustrate current conditions or could help the County Government and Arlington Public Schools resolve pressing capital facilities needs.
The public and news media are invited to join a three-hour County bus tour Feb. 11 by Arlington’s Joint Facilities Advisory Commission (JFAC), as members visit sites that illustrate current conditions or could help the County Government and Arlington Public Schools resolve pressing capital facilities needs.
Important steps are being taken in the redesign of Clarendon Circle - to make it more accessible and safe for pedestrians, cyclists and motorists traveling through the intersection of Wilson and Clarendon boulevards and Washington Boulevard.
The Sheriff's Office receives a score of 99.4 percent from the American Correctional Association Commission, whose standards are the national benchmark.
Arlington Public Library Launches “Project DAPS”: Telling the Story of Desegregation in Arlington Public Schools
On Feb. 25, Arlington Public Library launches a unique online exhibition and searchable database — built from thousands of photos, documents and recordings — surrounding the legal and moral battles that culminated in the 1959 desegregation at Arlington’s Stratford Junior High School.
Nestlé USA, the leading global nutrition, health and wellness company, will invest $39.8 million to relocate its corporate headquarters to Arlington’s Rosslyn neighborhood in a move that will create some 750 jobs.
These volunteers provide vital time and support to allow young people to discover skills and self-confidence so they can thrive.
Public Safety News
- TRAFFIC ALERT: 2017 Clarendon-Courthouse Mardi Gras Parade
- Police Seek Public’s Assistance Locating Homicide Suspect
- Police Investigate Homicide in Williamsburg Neighborhood
- Changes to Arlington County Police Impound Lot
- Police Seek Public’s Assistance in Identifying Bank Robbery Suspect
Noticias en Español
- Arlington aprueba el desarrollo de Village Center en Columbia Pike
- Septiembre es el Mes de Preparación para Emergencias
- Todavía hay tiempo para inscribirse en Neighborhood College
- Mejor servicio y autobuses nuevos para Arlington Transit
- Greenbrier Learning Center regresa a Arlington Mill