The Board approved an amendment to extend its office lease at 2100 Clarendon Boulevard for 15 years. Under the lease amendment, the County will save more than $1.6 million annually in rent.
The Arlington County Board will consider setting a March public hearing on whether to make it illegal to keep wild and exotic animals as pets within the County.
County Manager Mark Schwartz proposed a $1.2 billion General Funds Budget for FY 2018.
Jay Fisette has served six terms on the Arlington County Board. He said today he will not run for re-election this year.
County Manager Mark Schwartz will brief reporters on his Proposed FY 2018 Budget.
The County Board will consider the Manager's Proposed Fiscal Year 2018 Budget and dozens of other items at its February Board Meeting.
On Feb. 11, Joint Facilities Advisory Commission members, interested residents, a member of the County Board and two members of the School Board took a morning bus tour of sites that illustrate current conditions or could help the County Government and Arlington Public Schools resolve pressing capital facilities needs.
The public and news media are invited to join a three-hour County bus tour Feb. 11 by Arlington’s Joint Facilities Advisory Commission (JFAC), as members visit sites that illustrate current conditions or could help the County Government and Arlington Public Schools resolve pressing capital facilities needs.
Public Safety News
- Fundraisers Calling on Behalf of the Police
- Arlington County Board to Consider Ban on Wild and Exotic Pets
- TRAFFIC ALERT: 2017 Clarendon-Courthouse Mardi Gras Parade
- Police Seek Public’s Assistance Locating Homicide Suspect
- Police Investigate Homicide in Williamsburg Neighborhood
Noticias en Español
- Arlington aprueba el desarrollo de Village Center en Columbia Pike
- Septiembre es el Mes de Preparación para Emergencias
- Todavía hay tiempo para inscribirse en Neighborhood College
- Mejor servicio y autobuses nuevos para Arlington Transit
- Greenbrier Learning Center regresa a Arlington Mill