The Arlington County Board today took several actions at its January Regular Meeting. Among the highlights:
- Permits both owners and renters to offer short-term rentals in primary residence
- Removes limits on contracts per night
- Applies to rentals through services such as Airbnb, Craigslist, VRBO, etc.
- Adopts resolution endorsing multimodal improvements and encourages Federal, state and local coordination
- Outlines remaining concerns with Environmental Assessment
- Urges Commonwealth to work with County to monitor, mitigate impacts on Arlington streets, cultural or natural resources
- Endorses realigning Custis Trail at Bon Air Park, grade-separating W&OD Trail crossing at Lee Highway, with robust community process for design
- The County Board on Saturday approved the purchase of the final property needed to build a temporary fire station directly behind Fire Station No. 8
- The Board authorized paying $800,000 for 2215 North Culpepper Street
- The County had already approved agreement of sales for two other adjacent properties needed for the project
To read the staff reports on these items, visit the County Website.
NEXT Arlington County Board Meeting
The Board’s Recessed Meeting will begin at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 31. View the Agenda. Starting at 6:30 p.m., the Board will hear any items removed from the Consent Agenda on Saturday, Jan. 28.