ARLINGTON, Va. – The 2017 Arlington Police, Fire & Sheriff Memorial 9/11 5K race will be held on Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 6 PM. This year’s race will honor Arlington County Police Department’s Corporal Harvey Snook who passed away on January 14th, 2016, as the result of cancer contracted while working in the recovery efforts at the Pentagon following the terrorist attack on September 11th, 2001.
The Arlington County Police Department will conduct the following road closures around the Pentagon and in Crystal City to accommodate the event:
From 3:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
- Army Navy Drive closed between S. 12th to S. Eads St.
From 5:45 p.m. until approximately 6:30 p.m.
- Westbound Army Navy Drive closed from S. Eads St. to S. Joyce St. *****All streets crossing Army Navy Dr. (including access to I-395 S/B) will be closed for approximately 20 minutes*****
- S. Joyce Street closed from Army Navy to Columbia Pike
- Columbia Pike closed from Pentagon South Parking to S. Joyce St.
- I-395 Northbound HOV exit to S. Eads St. will be closed.
From 5:45 p.m. until approximately 8:00 p.m.
- Westbound Washington Blvd closed from Memorial Bridge to I-395
- Southbound Rt. 110 closed from Rosslyn to S. 15th St.
- Marshall Dr. closed at Rt. 110
- S. Eads St closed from Army Navy Drive to S. 11th St.
In addition, street parking in the area will be restricted. Motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No Parking” signs. Illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, call 703-558-2222.
Since its inception, the Arlington Police, Fire and Sheriff 9/11 Memorial 5k has had over 35,000 runners cross its finish line and has raised over $650,000 for 9/11-related charities and charities that support the families of fallen public safety officers and our Armed Services. For more information about the race, visit their website.