- Providing extra service during Metrorail shutdown
- Regular service, plus supplemental service
- Capital Bikeshare will offer free 24-hour memberships
During the Metrorail shutdown on Wednesday, March 16, Arlington Transit (ART) will run normal weekday service, plus the following additional service:
- ART 41 – Supplemental service will be added between Ballston Mall and Courthouse to connect with Metrobus bridge from Courthouse to D.C.
- ART 42 – Midday service will be more frequent.
- ART 43 – Service will be provided during off-peak hours, with lower frequency than rush hour.
- ART 45 – AM peak service will end 60 minutes later than usual. PM peak service will begin 60 minutes earlier than usual.
Because of the short notice for the service changes, real-time arrival information for the additional services will not be available. Please visit www.arlingtontransit.com or call 703-228-RIDE (7433) for additional information and updates.
In addition, Capital Bikeshare will offer free 24-hour memberships at all 370 stations on Wednesday, March 16 beginning at 12 a.m.
On Wednesday, Arlington County Government is open on time; employees have telework and unscheduled leave options, with supervisor approval.