- Facing FY 2016 budget gap of $28 million
- Seeking community input
- Wed., Dec. 10, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Washington-Liberty High School cafeteria
County Manager Barbara Donnellan and Superintendent Dr. Pat Murphy invite the public to a joint forum on strategies for balancing their Fiscal Year (FY) 2016 budgets.
Although our economic situation is stronger than most in the nation – and our real estate values are holding – Arlington County faces a $4 million budget gap and Arlington Public Schools (APS) faces an almost $24 million budget gap, for a total projected budget gap of $28 million, for fiscal year 2016, beginning July 1, 2015.
The County Manager and the Superintendent will need to make some difficult decisions. They are seeking community input as they work to balance their proposed budgets to be presented to the Arlington County Board and School Board, respectively, in February 2015.
County & Schools Joint Community Forum to discuss FY 2016 Budget
Wednesday, Dec. 10 – 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Washington-Liberty High School Cafeteria
1301 N. Stafford St., Arlington, VA
- Free parking on I-66 parking deck behind Washington-Liberty (enter on 15th Street) and some parking may be available in the Education Center lot and on the street.
- Washington-Liberty High School is accessible from both the Virginia Square and Ballston Metro stations (Orange and Silver lines).
- Metrobus 38B and ART 41, 42, 75. View all bus options.
- Capital Bikeshare station is about a block and a half away, at Central Library.
- For real-time, interactive transit options, visit Car-Free Diet.
If you require translation services in Sign Language, Spanish, or other languages, call County Manager’s Office, 703-228-3120, or APS Department of School and Community Relations, 703-228-6005 – at least three days prior to the meeting – to make the request.
Can’t Make It?