- Questionnaires to be mailed in early September to randomly selected registered voters
- Must be completed and returned within 10 days of receipt
- Qualified residents may be summoned for jury duty in 2017
- Secure, convenient option: completing questionnaire online
The Arlington Circuit Court, which includes the City of Falls Church, will soon begin its annual juror qualification process. approximately 35,000 Juror questionnaires will be mailed in early September to randomly selected residents of Arlington and the City of Falls Church. These questionnaires are used to qualify residents for jury duty which begins January 1, 2017 and ends December 31, 2017.
- In accordance with State law, questionnaires are mailed out annually to a random selection of residents of Arlington County and the City of Falls Church.
- Recipients are selected from registered voter rolls provided by the State Board of Elections.
- Jury Commissioners appointed by the Court review the questionnaires to determine eligibility for service according to criteria established by the General Assembly.
For more information about jury duty, including a list of individuals who are exempt from serving, please visit the Jury Duty page on the County website.
Steps to follow if you receive a Juror Questionnaire
- Read the entire questionnaire carefully, front and back, for detailed instructions.
- Using your Candidate ID number printed on the questionnaire, visit the secure Juror Website at https://ejuror.arlingtonva.us/ to complete and submit the questionnaire online (if using this option, do not mail the form in).
- You may instead mail the completed form as instructed in the questionnaire.
- The questionnaire is not a summons to appear, so please do not call the Clerk’s Office asking to be excused from jury duty. Excuses will be considered at the time you are actually summoned to serve as a juror.
- You are required to complete and return the questionnaire within 10 days of receipt. Please complete the form online to save resources.
- Failure to respond to the questionnaire may result in your being summoned to Court to complete the form in person.
Quick facts about jury service
- Normal term of service is one day or one trial.
- The average length of a trial is 1 or 2 days, but trials can last longer.
- Jurors must be available between 9am and 5 pm during their period of service, subject to change by the Court.
- Jurors receive $30 each day they report for reimbursement of expenses.