ARLINGTON, Va. – Arlingtonians are gearing up for another great Neighborhood Day! On Saturday, May 17, neighborhoods from Alcova Heights to Fairlington will connect residents at events throughout the County.
As a pre-Neighborhood Day celebration, Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall invites all Arlingtonians to the May 14 performance of the Military District of Washington's Twilight Tattoo, to be held at Fort Myer's Summerall Field beginning at 6:45 p.m. with a pre-ceremonial pageant, and the Tattoo begins at 7:00 p.m. The performance is free; bleachers are provided and lawn seating is also available. In case of inclement weather, the ceremony will be moved to Conmy Hall, across the street from Summerall Field, where there is arena-style seating. For additional information on the Twilight Tattoo, go to twilight.mdw.army.mil/ or call 703-696-3283.
2014 Neighborhood Day events to be held on Neighborhood Day, Saturday, May 17, include:
- Family Fun Day at Alcova Heights Park; 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Fairlington Day at Fairlington Community Center Grounds, 11 a.m.
- Turtle Trot 5K Race at Lower Bluemont Park (329 N. Manchester St.), 10 a.m.
- Truck Day at Central Library, 9-11 a.m.
- Nauck Neighborhood Clean-Up
Events Happening on Sunday, May 18, for the Neighborhood Day weekend:
- WalkArlington's High View Park/Waverly Hills/Cherrydale Walkabout, meet outside Langston-Brown Community Center, 3-5 p.m.
- Taste of Arlington, Ballston, noon-5 p.m.
Also, on Saturday, May 31 from 3-5 p.m., the Highland Park-Overlee Knolls neighborhood will celebrate Neighborhood Day with family fun, including a moon bounce, face painting, a visit from the local fire station, games, snacks, and more!
Read more details on the many Neighborhood Day events.
Neighborhood Day is held annually to celebrate community within Arlington neighborhoods. Traditionally held in mid-May, residents host a variety of activities, including festivals and yard sales.