The U.S. Census Bureau kicked off a multi-million dollar public education and outreach campaign that Arlington Census partners can use to reach members of our community about the importance of being counted in the 2020 Census.
Partners can share the 2020 Census videos and materials, which include television and radio ads, digital and social media, print materials and other messaging designed to raise awareness of the Census and encourage people to respond online, by phone or by mail.
The massive public education effort encourages participation among multicultural and hard-to-count populations, particularly households with young children. There are ads in 13 languages that stress how participating in the Census will help community members shape their future by funding programs such as day care, public education and medical services.
The campaign is rolling out in three phases, and counts on Arlington partners to help coordinate outreach in each:
- Awareness & Education (Jan. 14–Mar. 12): Build awareness and provide educational information about the 2020 Census.
- Motivation & Participation (Mar. 13–May 20): Inspire and motivate Arlingtonians to complete the Census questionnaire online, by phone or by mail.
- Reminder & Nonresponse Follow Up (May 13–June 28): Continue to remind people to respond to the 2020 Census and to support census takers going door-to-door to count households that have not yet responded.
Arlington has almost 200 Census partners, each of which are trusted voices in the community. Arlington’s partners can help spread the word by sharing these videos and resources:
- Arlington’s Everyone Counts video
- 2020 Census videos and materials NEW!
- Job opportunities are still available
Not a partner yet? Sign your organization up TODAY. Once you sign up, we’ll get you all the resources you need so that you can help get out the count!
APRIL 1, 2020 IS CENSUS DAY! The U.S. Census counts every resident in the nation, including right here in Arlington County. As mandated by the U.S. Constitution, America gets just one chance each decade to count its population. The collected data helps to determine things like the number of seats Virginia has in the House of Representatives, and how to distribute federal funds to local communities like ours.
Census 2020: Safe. Important. Confidential. Learn more about how Arlington Counts. Shape your Future. Start here.