As of March 19, 2020, public health officials have noted evidence of community transmission of the COVID-19 coronavirus in parts of Northern Virginia.
Local governments in Northern Virginia have already taken a number of actions to promote social distancing and protect those at increased risk for severe illness. Individuals are urged to:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Stay home when you are sick
- Avoid close contact with those are sick
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow and wash your hands afterwards
- Avoid crowded areas and non‐essential travel if you are over age 65 or have a chronic medical condition
- Follow local government social distancing guidance.
Infectious diseases do not respect boundaries. Each individual is a critical part of slowing the spread of COVID-19, in addition to government action at the local, state and federal levels.
For more information about the COVID-19 coronavirus and how you can help protect yourself and those around you, visit arlingtonva.us/Coronavirus.
For questions about COVID-19, call the Arlington County COVID-19 Information Line at 703-228-7999.