The new full-color booklet, “Echoes of Little Saigon: Vietnamese Immigration and the Changing Face of Arlington” — a collaboration led by the County’s Cultural Affairs Division working with the Historic Preservation Program and Arlington Public Library’s Center for Local History — will be introduced at an annual traditional event for the Vietnamese community: the Trung Thu Festival.
The richly illustrated booklet from Kim A. O’Connell, also downloadable for free, documents and interprets the impact of Vietnamese and other Southeast Asian immigrants who concentrated around the faded pre-Metro commercial center of Clarendon after the 1975 fall of South Vietnam.
- History booklet release and special author presentation during annual Vietnamese Trung Thu Festival
- Author Kim A. O’Connell, historian/preservationist and daughter of a Vietnamese immigrant
- Cover artist Minh Uong, Vietnamese immigrant and a New York Times art director
- Former business owners from the Little Saigon community
- Sunday, Sept. 18, noon to 4 p.m.
- Thomas Jefferson Community Center Gym, 3501 2nd St. S.