Arlington County Government offices, courts, libraries & facilities will be closed on Wednesday, July 4, 2018, for Independence Day.
- Trash & Recycling Collections – Normal
- Road Closures – The Arlington County Police Department, Virginia State Police, United States Park Police, and the Virginia Department of Transportation will close multiple roadways on July 4. These closures are designed to facilitate the safe passage of large crowds for the Independence Day events and fireworks. See Traffic Alert: July 4th Road Closures for more detailed information.
- Parking – Street parking in the areas of the US Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima), Long Bridge Park, and the Air Force Memorial will be restricted. Motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No Parking” signs. Illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed. Learn more at Traffic Alert: July 4th Road Closures
Pools & Spraygrounds are open!
- APS pool hours (Wakefield & Washington Lee)
- All Spraygrounds will be open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Ocean Dunes Water Park at Upton Hills Regional Park
The July 4th Celebration at Long Bridge Park has been canceled but you can still visit Long Bridge Park on July 4th to enjoy a family-friendly atmosphere, play games, have a picnic and watch the Washington, DC, fireworks display.
Check out some great places to celebrate the 4th in Arlington.
See the Arlington County Holiday Schedule page for more information about County office closings.