Arlington County Board Chair and Northern Virginia Transportation Authority (NVTA) member Jay Fisette and NVTA Chairman Martin E. Nohe, along with other county officials and representatives from the NVTA, will celebrate the completion of the Crystal City Multimodal Center on Thursday, May 18 at a ceremony outside the Crystal City Metrorail Station.
The ceremony will highlight improvements to expand bus capacity around the Crystal City Metrorail Station, one of the most highly used Metro stations in Arlington. The project also creates a safer and more efficient area for the more than 20,000 people who travel to the station each day, with new designated curb space for shuttles and kiss-n-ride, new bus shelters, improved sidewalks and crosswalks, and new lighting.
This project was made possible by funding from the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority.
- Ribbon-cutting for the new Crystal City Multimodal Center
Speakers will include:
- Arlington County Board Chair Jay Fisette
- NVTA Chairman Martin Nohe
- NVTA Executive Director Monica Backmon
- Crystal City Business Improvement District CEO Angela Fox
- Thursday, May 18, 2017, at 10 a.m.
- Crystal City Metrorail Station plaza – near the escalators (View in Google Maps)