The public and media are invited to join Del. Mark Levine, Arlington County Board Vice Chair Jay Fisette, County Board Member John Vihstadt and Arlington County Department of Environmental Services director Greg Emanuel at the groundbreaking for the Four Mile Run Restoration project. The ceremony will take place on the Arlington side of the stream.
A joint Arlington-Alexandria citizen task force has led an extensive public process to improve Four Mile Run, resulting in the adoption of the Four Mile Run Restoration Master Plan in 2006, the Four Mile Run Design Guidelines in 2009, initial designs for a new pedestrian bridge across the stream and a recently completed Alexandria wetland restoration project.
On the Arlington side of the stream, work will soon begin to naturalize the stream banks, remove invasive plants, replant with native plants, rebuild the trail and create new wetlands along the stream.
- Groundbreaking for the Four Mile Run Stream Restoration Project
- Virginia Del. Mark Levine
- Arlington County Board Vice Chair Jay Fisette
- Arlington County Board Member John Vihstadt
- Arlington County Department of Environmental Services Director Greg Emanuel
- Liz Birnbaum, Arlington chair of the Four Mile Run Joint Task Force
- Judy Noritake, Alexandria chair of the Four Mile Run Joint Task Force
- Wednesday, Oct. 5, 10 a.m.
- Arlington side of Four Mile Run near Mount Vernon Avenue and South Glebe Road (Those driving should park at 4125 Mount Vernon Ave. and cross Mount Vernon Avenue bridge.)