- Real estate, permits data now easily accessible
- For Apple and Android devices
- Supports County’s Open Government initiative
My Arlington, the County’s new mobile app for iPhone and Android devices, puts popular County information about events, real estate, permits and more in the palm of your hand. The free app also gives you the latest news and updates from County government, Arlington Public Schools and local transit agencies including Arlington Transit (ART) and the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority.
“My Arlington is a terrific new tool that will help us better engage and communicate with our community,” said Arlington County Manager Mark Schwartz. “We are already working on making the app even more robust – we think this, and other technologies we are looking into, will help us better serve residents and make County government more accessible and transparent.”
My Arlington provides mobile users with timely information that can be easily accessed based on their needs and preferences. The app features:
- County Board and commission meetings, searchable by geographic location, date and other criteria
- County sponsored events, searchable by geographic location, date, age group and other criteria
- Permits information (status, permit type, description of work, contractor, location owner, etc.), searchable by geographic location and permit type
- Real estate sales and assessment information, searchable by geographic location, price and property type
- Newsfeeds for County Government and Arlington Public Schools
- Alerts, including Arlington Alerts and transit-related alerts and updates for WMATA and ART
- County contact information including links to the County’s Service Directory and a feedback form for the app
We are already working on adding more functions to the app, including: traffic disruptions, crime statistics and other useful information.
My Arlington will complement the County’s ArlingtonVA Service Requests app, launched in 2014, which allows users to report problems about non-emergency issues such as streetlights, potholes and trash.
[Update Sept. 16 2020: The Service Requests app has been retired. Issues may be reported directly through the My Arlington app.]