- Registration open for 17th Annual Virginia Statewide Neighborhood Conference
- Sept. 29-Oct. 1 gathering at Sheraton Hotel-Pentagon City
- Register online now through Sept. 5
Arlington County will host the 17th Annual Virginia Statewide Neighborhood Conference Sept. 29-Oct. 1. The conference will bring together hundreds of participants from across the state to learn and share information on creating diverse, sustainable neighborhoods.
- Statewide conference on creating diverse, sustainable neighborhoods
- Sept. 29-Oct. 1
- Sheraton Hotel-Pentagon City, 900 S. Orme St., Arlington, VA, 22204.
- $75 (including workshops, meals, networking event, welcome reception and related activities, including a Youth Café encouraging 13-to-18-year-olds to engage in civic activities in their communities.
Learn from neighborhood leaders; community activists; local, state and federal government agencies; community-based organizations and public and private sector agencies from across Virginia:
- Basics of neighborhood organizing for action
- Planning for change
- Neighborhood development strategies
- How to improve civic engagement
- Creating and sustaining neighborhood business districts
Several workshops and mobile workshops will feature Arlington neighborhoods:
- Building Small Towns in the Big City: The Lee Highway Corridor
- Preserving Communities and Architecture in Post War Suburbs
- Arlington’s Neighborhood Conservation Program
- A BID’s Role in Transforming a Thriving Commercial District into a Mixed Use Urban Center
- A Tale of Two Corridors (Mobile Workshop)
- The 3Rs: Reimagine, Revitalize, and Rebirth!!! (Mobile Workshop)
- Bike Arlington – Exploring Arlington’s Bike Lanes (Mobile Workshop)