- Read for 25 days between June 1 and Sep. 1
- Win great prizes including tickets to a Washington Nationals home game
- Meet the 2019 Nationals player ambassador Aníbal Sánchez on June 15 at 10 a.m. at Central Library
Arlington Public Library, in partnership with the Washington Nationals and the Friends of the Arlington Public Library, have put together an exciting summer lineup for all ages, including fun events and hands-on activities, a reading challenge for everyone and exciting prizes ranging from books, gift cards, tickets to a Nationals game and the chance to be recognized on the field before a game.
Dozens of free activities and programs complement this year’s reading challenge.
- Children can learn about flight and space travel, discover marine life and enjoy a high-energy dance party.
- Teens can create fanzines, design a cupcake with delicious decorations and learn the basics of juggling.
- Adults can participate in improv theater, learn about healthy soil composition at a garden talk or socialize with coffee, tea and a new book club.
There are three ways to participate in the Summer Reading Challenge. Use the printed reading log available at your local library branch, download the library app or log in to your Summer Reading Challenge online account. Once you have read for 25 days, visit your local branch to collect your prize. There is no limit to how many days and what you are reading — books, newspapers, magazines and audiobooks all qualify.
For each person that completes the Summer Reading Challenge, the Friends of the Arlington Public Library will donate $1 to provide books for the Arlington County Child Advocacy Center.