ARLINGTON, Va. – The 14th Annual Turkey Trot 5K will take place on Thursday, November 28, 2019. The following road closures will be conducted from 6:30 a.m. until approximately 10:00 a.m. to accommodate this event:
- Pershing Dr. from Washington Blvd. to N. Glebe Rd.
- N. Oxford St. from Pershing Dr. to 5th St. N.
- 5th St. N. from N. Nelson St. to N. Oxford St.
- N. Nelson St. from Pershing Dr. to 5th St. N.
- N. Highland St. from Pershing Dr. to 9th St. N.
- Washington Blvd. from 9th St. N. to Arlington Blvd. (eastbound lanes only)
- N. Fillmore St. from Washington Blvd. to 3rd St. N.
- 3rd St. N. from N. Fillmore St. to Washington Blvd.
- N. Bedford St. from Arlington Blvd. to Brookside Dr.
- N. Brookside Dr. from N. Bedford St. to Washington Blvd.
Other closures not mentioned above may be implemented at police discretion in the interest of public safety. Residents of the affected areas will be escorted through the road closures as necessary to minimize the impact on the community. All roadways should be re-opened by 10:00 a.m.
Residents are asked to park vehicles in driveways to reduce the congestion on the course and enable a return to normal traffic conditions as quickly as possible.
Street parking in the vicinity will be restricted and motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No Parking” signs. All vehicles parked in violation of the posted emergency no parking signs will be ticketed and towed.
For further information regarding the event please visit the event website.