ARLINGTON, VA – The 2017 Girls on the Run 5K will be held on Sunday, May 21, 2017. The following road closures will occur from approximately 8:15 AM to 10:30 AM to accommodate this event:
- Fairfax Drive from N. Taylor Street to Kirkwood Road, both sides of the street.
- Fairfax Drive from Kirkwood Road thru Wilson Boulevard into 10th Street, all traffic in the eastbound lanes.
- Traffic will be closed, but parking will NOT be affected from N. 10th Street down N. Irving Street, east on N. 7th Street to Washington Boulevard.
- Washington Boulevard from N. 7th Street to N. 10th Street, all eastbound traffic will be closed. Traffic from Washington Boulevard will be diverted to N. 10th Street east toward Rt. 50.
- 10th Street from Washington Boulevard to N. Irving Street, all eastbound traffic will be closed.
- Wilson Boulevard will be closed in both directions at 10th Street. Westbound traffic will be diverted onto Fairfax Drive. Eastbound traffic will be directed to turn south prior to Jackson Street and continue to Pershing Drive to maneuver around the race course.
- The Ballston Metro Buses will be delayed for 15 minutes at the start of the race. ALL buses will be rerouted to Quincy Street to exit the area and continue on their assigned routes.
In addition to the closures, street parking in the area will be restricted. Motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No Parking” signs. Illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, call 703-558-2222.
For additional information on this event, please visit their website.