ARLINGTON, Va. – The 2018 Bunny Hop 5K race will take place on Saturday, April 14, 2018. The Arlington County Police Department will close several roads from approximately 7:00 AM until 10:00 AM to accommodate the race:
- Pershing Drive, from N. Highland Street to N. Oakland Street
- Irving Street, from N. 9th Road to N. 2nd Road
- Jackson Street, from RT. 50 to N. 2nd Road
- Highland Street, from N. 9th Street to N. 9th Road
- 5th Street, from N. Irving Street to N. Oakland Street
- 9th Road, between N. Irving Street and N. Highland Street
- 9th Street, Between N. Irving Street and N. Highland Street
- 2nd Road, between N. Irving Street and N. Jackson Street
Residents of the affected neighborhoods will be escorted through the road closures to minimize the traffic impact to the community. Motorists are reminded to follow the direction of police personnel and race volunteers. All roadways should be reopened by 10:00 AM.
A portion of the course moves through the Columbia Gardens Cemetery. Visitors will be able to access the property, however; vehicular traffic will be controlled by race personnel.
Parking restrictions will also be in effect on N. Irving Street between N. 6th Street and N. 9th Road. Motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No Parking” signs, and area residents are asked to park vehicles in driveways to reduce street congestion. Illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, call 703-558-2222.
For additional race information, please visit the event website.