ARLINGTON, Va. – The Rosslyn Jazz Festival will take place at Gateway Park located at 1300 Lee Highway on Saturday, September 8, 2018. Set up will begin at approximately 10:00 AM and clean-up should be completed by 8:00 PM, with the actual event time from 1:00 PM until 7:00 PM. The Arlington County Police Department will conduct the following road closures to accommodate this event:
- Eastbound lanes of Lee Highway, between Fort Myer Drive and Lynn Street, will be closed from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM. Detour signs will be posted.
- North 19th Street, between Fort Myer Drive and N. Moore Street, will be closed from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
- Exit 73 from Eastbound Rt. 66 to Rosslyn will be closed from 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
- Eastbound Lee Highway will be closed at N. Rhodes Street from 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Drivers are highly encouraged to use N. Veitch Street or N. Rhodes Street as alternate routes to access the Courthouse or Rosslyn areas.
The event is expected to produce heavy pedestrian traffic throughout the area. Event attendees are urged to use other modes of transportation such as the Metro to reduce vehicular traffic. Drivers should be prepared for delays if they do not choose to DETOUR around the event.
- DETOUR: Local traffic within the closure zone wishing to access Rt. 66 or the Key Bridge by way of Lee Highway EAST should exit Lee Highway at 1) Veitch Street, 2) Rhodes Street, 3) Quinn Street, or finally 4) Fort Myer Drive and use Wilson Boulevard to access Lynn Street.
Street parking in the area will be restricted. Motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No Parking” signs. Illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, call 703-558-2222.
For additional event information, please visit the Rosslyn Business Improvement District website.