ARLINGTON, Va. – The 43rd annual Virginia Wine Festival will take place in Rosslyn’s Gateway Park, located at 1300 Lee Highway, on Saturday and Sunday, October 13th and 14th. Set up each day will begin at approximately 7:00 AM, and clean-up should be completed by 10:00 PM, with the actual event operating from 11:00 AM until 6:00 PM. The Arlington County Police Department will conduct the following road closures to accommodate the Festival:
- The eastbound lanes of Lee Highway, between Fort Myer Drive and Lynn Street, will be closed from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
- All eastbound traffic will be diverted onto Fort Myer Drive and detour signs will be posted.
- Southbound Fort Myer Drive (inbound traffic from Georgetown and the George Washington Parkway) will be closed at Lee Highway from 7:00 AM until 10:00 PM.
- All traffic must turn west onto Lee Highway and can access Rosslyn and Clarendon via N. Scott Street or N. Veitch Street.
- Nash Street, between E/B and W/B Lee Highway, will be closed from 7:00 AM until 10:00 PM.
- Exit 73 from Eastbound Rt. 66 to Rosslyn will be closed from 10:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
The road re-opening times are approximate and contingent upon cleanup efforts. Other roads not listed above may be closed without warning at law enforcement discretion to meet the needs of the event.
The event is expected to produce heavy pedestrian traffic throughout the area, drivers should be prepared for delays if they do not choose to DETOUR around the event.
Event attendees are urged to use other modes of transportation such as the Metro or ride sharing platforms to reduce vehicular traffic in the area.
Street parking in the area is limited and will be restricted. Motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No Parking” signs. Illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, call the Emergency Communications Center at 703-558-2222
For information, visit the event website.