ARLINGTON, Va. – The Arlington County Police Department will close several roadways in Clarendon on Sunday, June 2nd for the 2019 Clarendon Cup Classic bicycle race. The following roadways will be closed from 4:30 AM until approximately 4:00 PM:
- Wilson Blvd., from N. Fillmore Street to Washington Blvd.
- Clarendon Blvd., from Washington Blvd. to N. Fillmore Street
- Washington Blvd., from Wilson Blvd. to N. Highland Street
- North Highland Street, from Wilson Blvd. to Washington Blvd.
- North Garfield Street / N. Fillmore Street, from Wilson Blvd. to Washington Blvd.
Other roadways not mentioned above may be closed at law enforcement discretion and in the interest of public safety.
Race attendees are encouraged to use Metro or other forms of for-hire transportation services. The Clarendon Metro station (Orange and Silver Lines) is located within the race course at the corner of Highland Street and Wilson Boulevard.
In addition, area street parking will be restricted. Motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No Parking” signs and illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, please call the Emergency Communications Center at 703-558-2222.
For additional event information, visit their website.