CANCELED (March 11, 2020): The event has been canceled by race organizers. More about the cancellation and details for registered runners is available on the race website.
ARLINGTON, Va. – The Four Courts Four Miler Race will take place on Saturday, March 14th, 2020. The Arlington County Police Department will close numerous roads from approximately 6:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. in order to accommodate this event.
The following lanes will be restricted between 6:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.:
- Wilson Boulevard from Courthouse Road to North Rhodes Street
The following lanes will be restricted between 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.:
- Wilson Boulevard from Route 110 to North Courthouse Road
- Northbound Route 110 from I-395 to I-66
- The Safeway Store, located at 1525 Wilson Boulevard, can be accessed utilizing North Oak Street at Wilson Boulevard. One westbound lane of Wilson Boulevard will remain open for customer use to access the store. Motorists are reminded to follow police direction when arriving at, or departing from, the business.
- Southbound Route 110 will remain open during this event.
- Affected WMATA Bus routes will be detoured but remain operational during the event. Expect minor delays and allow extra time when commuting by bus.
In addition, area street parking will be limited, and motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No Parking” signs. Illegally parked cars will be ticketed and towed. Traffic is expected to be impacted along the route and the surrounding areas. Travelers are encouraged to leave extra time, seek alternate routes, or utilize other forms of multimodal transportation to reduce road congestion.
Suggested Rosslyn and Key Bridge Traffic Detour:
- Use Route 50 West to North Courthouse Road, follow North Courthouse Road to Wilson Boulevard west to North Veitch Street; follow North Veitch Street north to Lee Highway, Lee Highway east into Rosslyn.
For information regarding the race visit the race website.