UPDATE (Sept. 10, 2021) – In addition to the closures listed below, the following additional road closures will be implemented in coordination with Virginia State Police:
From approximately 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Eastbound Washington Boulevard from I-395 to Memorial Circle
- Access to Washington Boulevard will be restricted from Exit 8b on I-395NB and via the left ramp at the Washington Boulevard/I-395N/I-395S split in the area of Columbia Pike and S. Queen Street
- S. Hayes Street ramp to I-395 and Washington Boulevard
ARLINGTON, Va. – The Arlington Police, Fire, Sheriff and ECC Memorial 9/11 Memorial 5k race will take place on the evening of Saturday, September 11, 2021. The Arlington County Police Department will close the following roadways around the Pentagon and in Crystal City to accommodate the event. The following roadways will be affected:
From approximately 3:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Army Navy Drive between S. Eads Street and S. 12th Street
From approximately 3:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Westbound Washington Boulevard between Memorial Circle and I-395
- Columbia Pike between S. Joyce Street and Pentagon South Parking
From approximately 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Route 110 S. between I-66 and Richmond Highway
- S. Joyce Street between Army Navy Drive and Columbia Pike
From approximately 5:45 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Army Navy Drive between S. Eads Street and S. Joyce Street
From approximately 5:45 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- S. Eads Street between Army Navy Drive and S. 12th Street (local access to Altaire apartment building and Double Tree Hotel only via 11th Street S.)
- S. Fern Street between Army Navy Drive and S. 12th Street
- S. Hayes Street between Army Navy Drive and S. 12th Street
Travelers can anticipate additional road closures and delays in and around the area of the Pentagon on Saturday, September 11. Other roads not mentioned may be closed at law enforcement discretion and in the interest of public safety.
Race attendees and spectators are encouraged to use Metro or other forms of for-hire transportation services. The Pentagon City Metro station (Blue and Yellow lines) and Crystal City Metro station (Blue and Yellow lines) are located within walking distance to the racecourse.
In addition, area street parking will be restricted. Motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No Parking” signs and illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, please call the Emergency Communications Center at 703-558-2222.