ARLINGTON, Va. – The 34th annual Army Ten-Miler race will occur on Sunday, October 7, 2018. The course route has changed this year resulting in traffic impacts to the Rosslyn area in addition to closures near the Pentagon. The race begins at 7:50 a.m. on Route 110, continues into Rosslyn and crosses into the District of Columbia using the Francis Scott Key Memorial Bridge to Whitehurst Freeway, returns to the Commonwealth via I-395 HOV and ends in the Pentagon north parking lot.
The following roads in Arlington County will be affected:
- Route 110 between Rosslyn and Crystal City will close in both directions beginning at 5:00 a.m. and will remain closed until approximately 2:00 p.m. Motorists can use the George Washington Memorial Parkway as an alternative route.
- There will be no access to southbound Route 110 from N. Marshall Drive.
- The public may access Arlington National Cemetery from N. Marshall Drive.
- I-66 westbound from Washington D.C. to N. Nash Street will close from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Motorists can use the George Washington Memorial Parkway or Route 50 as an alternative route.
- Lee Highway westbound at N. Lynn Street and Lee Highway eastbound at N. Lynn Street will close from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- The Francis Scott Key Memorial Bridge will close in both direction with no vehicular access from approximately 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- I-395 HOV northbound from Crystal City to the 14th Street Bridge will close at 6:00 a.m.
- Eads Street from Army Navy Drive into the Pentagon/northbound I-395 HOV lanes will close at 5:00 a.m.
- I-395 southbound HOV exit to S. Eads Street/Pentagon south parking lot will close at 5:00 a.m.
- Route 27 in both directions from George Washington Memorial Parkway to I-395 will close from 7:00 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Army Navy Drive from S. Eads Street to S. 12th Street will close from approximately 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- 12th Street from S. Eads Street to Long Bridge Drive will close from approximately 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Long Bridge Drive will close from S. 12th Street to Boundary Channel Drive from approximately 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
All roads, except for Route 110, should be reopened by 12:30 p.m.
In addition, access to the Pentagon north parking lot will be restricted to “Authorized Vehicles Only” from 4:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Parking for Pentagon employees and Pentagon Memorial patrons will be available in the south parking lot via Columbia Pike and S. Fern Street.
Runners, spectators and support personnel are encouraged to use Metro, which will open on hour earlier at 7:00 a.m., as parking is limited. The Pentagon and Pentagon City stations on the Blue and Yellow Lines are located within walking distance of the start and finish lines. A designated rideshare drop-off and pick-up zone has been designated at S. 12th Street at S. Hayes Street.
Bicyclists and pedestrians traveling in the Rosslyn area, including along the Custis Trail and Mount Vernon Trail, may experience delays near the race route.
For additional event information, please visit the official Army 10-Miler website.