ARLINGTON, Va. – The Arlington County Police Department, Virginia State Police, United States Park Police, and the Virginia Department of Transportation will close multiple roadways on Wednesday, July 4th, 2018. These closures are designed to facilitate the safe passage of large crowds for the Independence Day events and fireworks. The following roadways will be closed to accommodate the festivities:
6:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Memorial Bridge / Memorial Circle
1:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Marshall Drive from Route 110 to N. Meade Street
- N. Meade St. from N. 14th St. to Marshall Dr.
3:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Meade Street from Marshall Drive to Route 50 (access to the Ft. Myer Heights neighborhood will be from the Rhodes Street bridge)
- Exit ramp from westbound Route 50 to N. Lynn Street (Rosslyn exit)
- Exit ramp from eastbound Route 50 to N. Meade Street (Rosslyn exit)
- Long Bridge Dr. from Boundary Channel Dr. to S. 10th
8:30 PM to 11:00 PM
- Eastbound Route 50 at Washington Blvd. All traffic diverted from Rt. 50 on ramps to East and West Washington Blvd.
- Eastbound N. 10th ramp to eastbound Rt. 50 will be closed, all traffic diverted to westbound Rt. 50
- Courthouse Rd. ramp to eastbound Rt. 50 will be closed, all traffic diverted to westbound Rt. 50 or N. 10th St.
- Pershing Dr. at Rt. 50 will only be allowed westbound
- Eastbound N. Fairfax Drive from N. Pierce Street to N. Fort Myer Drive
- Columbia Pike between S. Orme Street and S. Joyce St.
- Joyce Street between Army Navy Drive and Columbia Pike
Street parking in the areas of the US Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima), Long Bridge Park, and Air Force Memorial will be restricted. Motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No Parking” signs and illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, please call the Emergency Communications Center at 703-558-2222.
Arlington County residents and visitors are also reminded of the following:
- Alcoholic beverages, grills, and fireworks are prohibited on County and Federal parkland during Independence Day events.
- Vendors will not be allowed in the area of the US Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima).
- Coolers and backpacks will be subject to search upon entry to the US Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima) and Long Bridge Park.
Attendees are strongly encouraged to use public or for hire transportation. The Rosslyn Metro stop on the Orange Line is approximately 5 blocks north of the US Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima), and the Air Force Memorial is within walking distance of the Pentagon City Metro station.
Arlington County will not provide shuttle service to Long Bridge Park this year, as no formal programming is scheduled to occur there. The park will remain open to the public as a location to view the fireworks and celebrate the occasion, and police will be on hand to ensure the safety and security of those in attendance.
Any questions about traffic or street closings should be directed to the Emergency Communications Center at 703-558-2222. Additional information about planned July 4th events in the County can be viewed online.