ARLINGTON, Va. – On Thursday, June 18, the Arlington County Police Department’s Special Operations Section will support Senior Graduation Parades for Wakefield High School and Washington-Liberty High School. Traffic around the schools will be impacted at the below listed times. The public can expect to see increased vehicle and pedestrian traffic in the surrounding neighborhoods.
Wakefield High School Graduation Parade
The following locations will be impacted from approximately 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM:
- Traffic Circle at S. Dinwiddie Street and S. Chesterfield Road – closed
- Intersection of S. Dinwiddie Street and S. 14th Street – closed to westbound traffic
- Northbound S. George Mason Drive between S. Dinwiddie Street and S. Columbus Street – right lane closed
- Columbus Street to S. Chesterfield Street – closed to southbound traffic
- Intersection of S. 14th Street and S. Columbus Street – closed
- Chesterfield Road between S. Columbus Street and S. Dinwiddie Street – closed to southbound traffic
Note: There will be minimal, if any, impact on the scheduled Kindergarten event at Claremont Elementary School.
Washington-Liberty High School Graduation Parade
The following locations will be impacted from approximately 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM:
- Washington-Liberty High School Parking Garage
- Quincy Street between N. 14th Street and Washington Boulevard – closed to southbound traffic
- Westbound Washington Boulevard from N. Quincy Street to N. Stafford Street – right lane closed
- Stafford Street between Washington Boulevard and N. 15th Street – closed to northbound traffic
- Intersection of N. Stafford Street and N. 15th Street – closed
Note: The COVID-19 sample collection site at 1429 N. Quincy Street will not be impacted.
Additional roadways may be closed for short periods of time in the interest of public safety.