Thanks for visiting our site and using Arlington County’s official social media tools.
We are committed to open and transparent government. To ensure material is appropriate, however, we monitor all postings and comments. We ask for your comments or postings to stay focused, clean, respectful and truthful.
Materials covered by this policy include not just comments or postings, but also images and links to other sites.
The County has the right, in its sole discretion, to post, remove, delete or choose not to post any materials on any social media sites or services. The County reserves the right to remove any material that, in whole or in part, does not comply with this policy or applicable law. The County also reserves the right to remove material that does or appears to:
- contain anything vulgar, incites violence or is sexually explicit
- be misleading or false
- be spam
- advocate or depict illegal activity
- target, disparage or discriminate against any ethnic, racial, religious, gender or other type of group
- contain personal attacks of any kind
- promote or endorse private business ventures, services or products
- campaign for public office or promote a political organization or candidate
- infringe on copyrights or trademarks or intellectual property rights of others
- contain computer viruses, code or which otherwise may disrupt, damage or restrict the use of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment
Comments, postings, and links that appear on County-sponsored blogs or social media sites (or links within those comments or postings) do not necessarily reflect endorsement by the County of specific viewpoints, policies, practices, or products.
We recognize the web is a 24/7 medium, and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage our staff resources (your tax dollars), we generally only monitor comments and postings during regular business hours.
If specific questions are submitted through our social media or blog sites, the County cannot guarantee a response (but we’ll try!). For questions or inquiries, we recommend you visit www.arlingtonva.us, and use our contact form.
Need more information?